Loading...


 Fast rising Nollywood actress, Chiamaka Nwokeukwu's work on the hit shows, “My Unborn Son”, “Chinelo the shy virgin” and “  Innocent Devil ” have gained her a lot of respect in the Nollywood industry, and by the looks of her resume that hard work has paid off. 

 Her quest for professional excellence took her to the Choice Awards and AFRIFIMO Awards where she received two nods respectively; the Best Actress 2014 and the Best African Film 2014.

The award-winning actress was kind enough to take a break from a busy schedule to talk to Gh Links about her film career, relationship ,inspiration & Other Things


 We are honored to present a most talented, beautiful, and well known young actress to all our readers.

Below is an exclusive interview ( unedited )  

Gh Links :Tell us about your background?
Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : I am from a christian home,family of 4,am the first child from abia state while my mum is from Anambra state,lost my dad 4 years ago.

Gh Links :How did it all start for you as an actress? 

Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : I excorted my friend to a movie audition,i never had the intention of being audited,wen i got there i saw lots of pretty girl,well dressed,i was not even well dressed so my friend encouraged me to give it a try since am there already and its free so i did and surprisingly,i was called back for a role and she wasnt even called.

Gh Links :Among these movies, which is your favourite? And Why is that your favourite?

Chiamaka NwokeukwuChinelo the shy virgin is my favourite becos it was really challenging,i played d role of a naive girl but am glad my effort wasnt in vain,i was nominated under the category of best actress from that movie and i won,it gave me my first international award dat was held in laurel maryland USA under African film/music festival awards (afrifimo) .


Gh Links :What was your debut movie and how many movies have you featured to date? 
Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : My first movie was soul of a woman and since then I have done close to 20 movies.

Gh Links :Who are your role models in the movie industry?

Chiamaka NwokeukwuMy role models: liz benson,olu jacobs,joke silva

Gh Links : How do you deal with your male admirers?

 Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : Is normal to have admirers as a woman and an Actress, but i have always known what I want and can't change whom I am because of admirers, I talked to them politely and still maintain my decision.


Gh Links :Apart from acting, what else are you involved in? 
Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : Am a student studying accountancy in National open university of Nigeria
 Gh Links :The worst rumour you heard about yourself?
Chiamaka NwokeukwuI havent heard any rumours yet
 
Gh Links :Which Ghanaian Male Celebrity do you have a crush with ? 
Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : No one i just like majid michael acting.

Gh Links :What’s your major philosophy of Life?  

Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : I believe everyone is unique,so i try to be myself,do the best i can and leave the rest for God.


Gh Links :What more should your fans expect from you? 
Chiamaka Nwokeukwu : Am gonna try my best to impress u all.u've not seen my best,it is yet to come.

If you want to know more about  Chiamaka Nwokeukwu   and what she is up to, follow her on:
Facebook: Chiamaka Nwokeukwu
Instagram: @chiamakanwokeukwu
Twitter: @CNwokeukwu

Interview Conducted By: Eugene Nyavor (GhLinks)

Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top