Loading...


For the first time since cutting professional ties with her longtime manager, Ghanaian songbird Rebecca Acheampong, more commonly known by her stage name Becca has opened up about the reason behind the mysterious ‘break-up’.

“I had a contract with EKB records that expired and I decided to move on and try new things,” she told StarrFMonline.com.

The two who have worked together since Becca went commercial in 2007 were widely reported to be romantically involved but gave no credit to the speculations.

Kiki Banson, who confirmed the split to Starr FM on March 5, did not give details of circumstances that led to it but a source close to him told Starr Entertainment that he has been dismissive about the whole thing and noted he was relieved he no longer has to deal with the complexities involved in managing the Push hitmaker.

But speaking to Starr Entertainment at a media listening party she hosted together with her rapper friend Trigmatic at 233 for their new song “Lover and Friend”, Becca said she had the “most amazing” manager in Kiki Banson, but she had to “move on” and grow.

“I had the most amazing manager in the whole world. Kiki Banson is an amazing manager. And everywhere I go, every chance I get, I say it.”

Despite the split, Becca said she still has a very strong bond with her former manager.

“I had a wonderful time working with him, and I still have a great relationship with him as a friend. So it was amicable but like I said, sometimes in life you just had to move on and do other things. I think he equally is also doing other things right now so it was very amicable.”


Advertisement

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top